The androgynous fashion





Tibi Pre-Fall 2014 


I have never really thought about what 'my style' is much before Christmas of 2013. I kind of always thought my style consists of the things that 'I like', without the things that 'I like' needing to fit into a sub-category of fashion. But over Christmas my dad happened to come out with a couple of comments about how my style is very 'boyfriend like' and 'oversized' which got me thinking. 1. My dad is noticing my style and 2. Do I in fact fit into a sub-category of fashion, or is there just not much else to chose from ?? 

I realise MY blog is MY scrapbook where I post things that I like and what I don't like doesn't make it onto the blog, so am I therefore the reason all my posts follow the same routine or is the fashion world not giving me much choice? Yes, in Fall we want layers and layers calls for bigger garments, but whilst looking through the Pre-Fall 14 collections there was but a few designers who had not purposely made clothing too big for the true female form. Why are we all buying clothes to drape over our bodies, rather than to accentuate them like they did back in the day? Why is dressing in a masculine way becoming more fashionable and more appealing to us women? Soon are we going to be so androgynous that there will be no need to separate men and women's stores and menswear and womenswear will just become one androgynous catwalk show? … It's not like you see man walking around in mini skirts and heels (bar the few cross dressing Alex Reids), could this be a deeper physiological issue about how we as women are still striving for equality and so now we have taken to dress to display our rights...

Anyone looking for a Dissertation topic? Because theres one right there ! 

All I know is that the styles I am drawn to are the styles which I think will suit me. Is this a subconscious trend generated thought, or a subconscious equality generated thought, who knows … I've probably just eaten too much turkey over Christmas….