Peter Pilotto for Target




So Peter Pilotto is launching a collection for Target available in stores this Sunday … thoughts?!

When I envisage Target, I do not and have never envisaged myself wanting a collection shown in there.  I mean you have to be very confident about your brand name to be able to hold face in a store like that. The English brand is following in the footsteps of Jason Wu and Phillip Lim (amongst others) who have apparently already launched collections for the billion dollar company. Yes I mention the money because thats probably the sole reason why the designers do this- I mean that aren't doing it for the street credibility are they? Don't you think it greatly decreases the brand strength, who wants to be walking around in an Peter Pilotto dress they have spent half a year saving up for when the trashy American standing next to you on the subway has the exact same thing for $30… Exactly not me.

That being said when I saw the images of the upcoming collection I was very impressed and I do like the prints and the style they have created, so I will be going to take a look at the collection on Sunday and if the fabrics don't feel like they are going to break after the first wash then maybe, just maybe, I might splash out on a purchase. I never thought I would buy a statement piece of clothing from Target in my lifetime but theres a first for everything I guess.